In 1593, parish priest Andreas Thomæus had a plaque hung in the new church with a Latin inscription that reads: "Here, in the place of the former narrow and dilapidated church, the year before Christ 1591, the day before May 1, began from scratch. to build the new (church) up to the old tower, and partly by the favor and generosity of the venerable and famous prince, Mr. Johan Adolf, Archbishop of Bremen, Bishop of Lübeck, heir to Norway, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein, Stormarn and Ditmarsken, counts of Oldenborg and Delmenhorst, partly by the grants and works of this town, it was consummated on July 25, 1592, and October 4, solemnly consecrated to Christ our Savior and for holy use
Løgum Monastery Church
the town of Løgumkloster grew up under the shelter of Kloster og Kirke. The monastery was closed in 1548. The site of the monastery was well chosen. A location where there are many streams and large forests. Here the monks could work in agriculture, fishing and milling. In the monastery garden, the monks had started planting medicinal herbs, parsley rhubarb and carrots. They named the place Locus Dei, the place of God
The church is naturally consecrated to the sailors' patron saint Sct. Clemens, and it houses several beautiful church ships (model ships) donated by commanders, shipowners and sailors. In the last century, the right to put one's name on certain, well-established places in the pews was sold. The annual fee from here was used for the maintenance of the church. Therefore, the names of some of the island's former churchgoers (including the deceased shipowner AP Møller's grandparents) can still be seen on several of the church chairs.
Around 1275, the old choir was torn down and replaced with a new and larger one - a so-called longhouse church with three windows in the end wall. The nave was also extended to the west with the front door still in use today. On the opposite side there is correspondingly a door, intended for the women. The extension can be clearly seen by the shift that is in the frieze under the roof on the outer wall. The church probably at this time had a small roof rider for the bell from 1333, which is still in use.
Around 1500, the ship was extended with a tower, which in the time after got a very high spire, covered with chipboard. The spire crashed in the Christmas storm of 1628. A porch was built on the choir, but the front door from 1275 was still used. After the spire fell in 1628, it was replaced by a 10 m lower spire. In 1763, the Schack family's chapel was built for the choir and the choir's end wall was braced. The original windows were widened, the church got a lead roof and the mass spire disappeared. The entrance from 1275 is still used. The church has not changed significantly since that time, except for a replacement of the porch.
Apse, chancel and nave of Rhine tuff, and the porch of the Renaissance. The Romanesque tuff stone building has beautiful wall decorations, richest in apse with 7 arched arcades under a frieze of intersecting round arches. Of the 3 round arch windows, the middle one is open. Choir and nave have remains of licenses and glare-free se (choir) or window frieze (nave). The apse has the original vault, the chancel vault from the 15th century and the nave beamed ceiling with preserved Romanesque beams. The sacristy on the north side of the choir has a cross vault and a single gable of the Tørninglen type, just like the tower gables.
The large cemetery is fenced off by boulder dikes, which in several places in the south and west have been broken by buildings from older times. In addition to smaller openings in the south and north, there are three walled portals, which form the access roads to the church and cemetery. A distinctive feature of the city are the many houses, which are built directly into the low cemetery wall, so that homeowners from the back of their properties have a clear view of the cemetery's graves and diverse plantings. In 1922, a memorial stone and grave were laid in the cemetery in memory of the parish's 30 young men who fell during the First World War.
With a length of 48 m, Brøns Church is Denmark's longest church from Romanesque times. It is built in Romanesque style and in two rounds in the period approx. 1200-1250. The chancel and apse are from around 1200, while the nave is from around1250. The masonry consists primarily of rhinestone tuff stones, but also granite blocks and monk stones have been used. The plinth consists of hewn granite blocks. The church underwent a difficult restoration and rebuilding in the years 1854-57 and thus got its current shape.
The ship's north wall has end licenses and window frieze at the top. The ship's south wall may have corresponded to the north wall, but was unfortunately shell walled and destroyed in 1855.
The church's nave and chancel are from the early Romanesque period, o.1200. At the same time an apse was also erected, but it was demolished in 1715, to make room for an extension of the choir to the east. The masonry in the nave is granite stone, while bricks have also been used in the chancel. From the demolished apse, a number of curved hewn granite stones originate around the church building. The south door of the church and the north priests are now both walled in, while the north entrance door is preserved. The nave has two original windows to the north, while the chancel has only a single window. On the south wall of the nave is a sundial of limestone from 1776.
The church's rather small tower is from the late Gothic period, o.1500. It is built in recycled granite stone at the bottom and brick at the top. The eastern end of the tower has glare fields, as seen on the Tørninglen towers, while they have disappeared in the western end, which is about the wall in recent times. The tower room has a vaulted ceiling and an opening towards the nave. The bell is from 1775 and has a mark which indicates that the bell should have been cast by Peter Hanssen's bell foundry in Flensburg. The porch on the north side of the church was built in 1709. A now disappeared sacristy on the north side of the choir is mentioned in sources from 1768.